A New Building with Sports and Recreational Facilities
- A hall / gym for members and their families and friends to play basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, and to house 200-300 persons for attending meetings;
- A table tennis and multi-functional room , which should be able to be converted into 8 smaller rooms for holding classes / seminars and playing games ;
- A dancing room, which should be able to be sub-divided into 3 multi-functional rooms for holding classes/seminars and playing games;
- A reading room.
- A mother’s room;
- A children’s playroom;
- An office to house :
(1) 4 workstations and 16 desks for the staff with a pantry and a common room with staff lockers;
(2) a reception area adjacent to the above;
(3) 3 workstations and 12 desks for the Association’s office bearers;
(4) a clubhouse manager’s office;
(5) a meeting room for 50 persons;
(6) a small sitting / meeting room for 6 persons;
(7) a strong room with computer and filing cabinets;
- A store room and a caretakers’ room on each floor;
- Toilets, including facilities for the disabled and kids.
- A Chinese restaurant, which may accommodate 20 standard banquet tables with a sizeable kitchen, VIP function rooms, a manager’s room, and a staff common room;
- A one level parking area with 30 car parking spaces.
Ancillary Facilities which you may consider
- A café, with an outdoor area where members are allowed to bring in their pets;
- An outdoor BBQ area adjacent to the café;
- A gallery and a photo/video archive which showcases the history of HKCCSA and the Hong Kong Civil Service;
- A members’ purchasing corner.
The Outdoor Facilities
- Two open tennis courts;
- A covered area with light sporting facilities for members, in particular the elderly;
- A “Wall-of-fame”: a showcase of names of patrons and those who contribute to the redevelopment of the clubhouse, including the winner of the design competition.
Finally, the old building
- You may not consider retaining the existing building. It is up to the designer whether they wish to retain the existing building.